Erotica at Doxy is a new place to submit your erotica stories for publication.
Why are we publishing erotica on the Doxy site?
Very few people buy a Doxy as an actual back massager, though they are very good for that, they buy them as a sex toy for amazing orgasms either by themselves or with a partner. Very few people read erotica just for the plot and character development, though they're important to good writing, they read erotica to get themselves excited and turned on.
Which means that erotica and sex toys go hand in hand - a perfect combination - and so we've enlisted the help of Ruth Douglas AKA Ruby Kiddell, founder of Eroticon to help us create a monthly erotica read on the Doxy blog.
Every month we'll publish a new piece of erotica for you to enjoy on the Doxy blog. Submissions are open to new and experienced writers and for the time being, there are no particular themes that we're searching for, though we do have a few guidelines to please follow:
What we'd like from you...
- A well-written erotica short story of at least 2,500 but no more than 5,000 words.
- Diversity - our customers are a range of genders, sexualities, age and like all kinds of different sex, from vanilla to kink. We'd love to receive stories that are as adventurous and diverse as our customer base.
- We follow the standard content restrictions - no incest, no sex with characters under 18, no rape, no gratuitous violence, no bestiality.
What you can expect from us...
- Publish and pay for one erotica story from the submissions.
- The chosen story will be published on the Doxy blog on the last Monday of the month.
- The author will be paid £100.
- We will promote the story across our social media channels to make sure as many people as possible see it.
- We want you to earn as much money as possible on your work so we have non-exclusive rights.
- At the moment we're happy to receive stories that have already been published, this might change in the future.
How to submit a story for Erotica at Doxy
- Please attach your story as a word doc or docx and email it to Ruth at email@example.com using the subject heading Erotica at Doxy - Story title - Author name.
- Please format your document as 12 point Times New Roman, double-spaced with no fancy formatting. Please, DO NOT double return after paragraphs.
- Please include the following details in your email - your name and preferred pen name, story title (again), word count and if it has been published previously and where.
- Please make sure that your story is in its most polished state. We do not offer an editing or feedback service, so if stories aren't polished and ready to publish they won't be considered.
- Submissions are welcome at any time in the month for the following month. For example - stories submitted in May will be considered for publication on the last Monday in June.
- You can download a detailed submission schedule here.
- The chosen story's author will be notified at least one week before publication and payment details etc confirmed.
- All stories that follow the submissions guidelines in the month before publication will be read, and one chosen for publication.
- The publisher's choice is final.
- We are unable to provide feedback on why submissions didn't get chosen for publication.
- We may on occasion go back to past submissions to source stories in which case we will email the author to double check that the story is still available for publication.
If you have any other questions about Erotica at Doxy - please, email Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org